- The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Part-Time Twin Lakes Maintenance Laborer
The City of Nevada Parks & Recreation Department is currently accepting job applications for a part-time position as Twin Lakes Maintenance Laborer. Eligible applicants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Persons with experience with grounds keeping preferred. Outdoor environment requires more than ordinary walking and other physical activities, exposure to natural elements including heat, dust, insects, and to chemicals used in preparing and treating golf course surfaces.
Applicants should be able to work a variable schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties of this position include but are not limited to:
• Mows and trims grass and maintains shrubbery and trees
• Operates equipment to maintain facilities
• Uses equipment calling for higher skills as required
• Assists in keeping buildings and grounds clean and orderly
• Performs minor repairs and adjustments to equipment
• Performs minor construction and repairs projects at Twin Lakes
• Paints and maintains buildings
• Repairs and sharpens mower blades and hand tools
• Performs landscaping duties
• Assists or performs maintenance on greens and tee box areas
• Assists in the operation of irrigation system and its upkeep and repairs
• Moves objects weighing up to 100 pounds
The starting wage for this position is $8.47 hourly.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, and through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Applications should be returned upon completion to City Hall no later than Wednesday, August 05, 2015, by 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
Community Center Attendant
The City of Nevada Parks & Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for a part-time attendant position at the Community Center. This position requires the ability to work a flex schedule, 7 days per week and will carry out customer/public service duties.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the basic administration and maintenance of the community center
- Answering the telephone and handling normal office functions
- Assisting in the administration of recreational leagues and activities provided by the City
- Opening and closing the building
- Maintaining records of recreation center attendance, equipment, injuries, discipline, and activities
Eligible applicants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age.
The starting wage for this position is $8.03 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Eligible applicants must return applications by Monday, August 3, 2015, at 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
The City of Nevada Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. The starting wage for this position is $31,030 per year. It is a full time position, and includes full benefits such as retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The Police Department also participates in a take-home vehicle program for its officers.
Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri driver’s license, should be at least 21 years of age, P.O.S.T certified by the State of Missouri, and successfully pass a background investigation.
This position requires residency within the boundaries of Vernon County, MO.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled. Applications may also be emailed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.