*** PLEASE NOTE THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE HAS A NEW PHONE NUMBER: 417-448-5106 ***
- The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
Parks Grounds Maintenance Laborer
The City of Nevada is currently accepting job applications for a full time position of Parks Grounds Maintenance Laborer. Eligible applicants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri class “B” Commercial driver’s license (or the ability to obtain one within six months) and be at least 21 years of age. Applicants should be able to work a variable schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Mows and trims all City parks and recreational facilities.
- Cleans grounds and keeps buildings and equipment located on public property in good and safe condition.
- Makes minor repairs and does regular maintenance to parks equipment.
- Performs minor construction and repair projects on park grounds.
- Cultivates and maintains plants, flowers, bushes, and trees.
- Performs semi-skilled to skilled tasks with types of motorized equipment and hand tools.
- Operates other heavier equipment as needed.
- May supervise seasonal parks maintenance employees as needed.
- Handles swimming pool and maintenance.
This position is a pay grade 10 and the starting pay is $26,021. This position includes full benefits.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Eligible applicants must return applications by Friday, October 2, 2015, at 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
The City of Nevada Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. The starting wage for this position is $31,030 per year. It is a full time position, and includes full benefits such as retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The Police Department also participates in a take-home vehicle program for its officers.
Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri driver’s license, should be at least 21 years of age, P.O.S.T certified by the State of Missouri, and successfully pass a background investigation.
This position requires residency within the boundaries of Vernon County, MO.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled. Applications may also be emailed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.