- The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Parks Maintenance Laborer
The City of Nevada Parks & Recreation Department is currently accepting job applications for a seasonal part-time position of Parks Maintenance Laborer. Eligible applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants should be able to work a variable schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Mow and trim all city parks and recreational facilities, including Community Center and swimming pool
- Cleans grounds and keeps buildings and equipment located on public property in good and safe condition
- Makes minor repairs to equipment
- Performs minor construction and repair projects on park grounds
- Cultivates and maintains plants, flowers, bushes, and trees
- Uses equipment that requires higher skills as assigned
- Assists other departments in other activities as condition and needs apply
- Moves objects in excess of 100 pounds
The starting wage for this position is $7.65 hourly.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, and through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Applications should be returned upon completion to City Hall no later than Tuesday, May 4, 2015, by 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
Police Records Clerk
The City of Nevada Police Department is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Police Records Clerk. Eligible applicants must be able to type 35 words per minute, possess a high school diploma or the equivalent and be at least 18 years of age.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Answer telephones and assist visitors
- Processing police records and reports
- Filing records and reports of accidents, incidents and arrests
- Processes record requests
- Prepares letters, reports and other materials as needed
The pay grade is 8 with a starting salary of $23,828.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, and through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Baseball / Softball Umpires- Seasonal
The City of Nevada is currently accepting applications for umpires for the 2015 summer baseball/softball season. Umpires will officiate youth baseball and softball games.
• Must have general knowledge of the game
• Previous officiating experience preferred but not required
• All games will be during week nights
• Applicants must be at least 15 years old
• Must have own transportation
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Umpires will work with the following age divisions:
• Blast ball – Pre-kindergarten students
• T-ball – kindergarten students
• 1st/2nd grade boys and girls coach pitch
• 3rd/4th grade girls softball
• 5th/6th grade girls softball
• 7th-9th grade girls softball
Pay ranges from $10-$20 per game, depending on age groups.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, and through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Applications should be returned upon completion to City Hall by Tuesday, April 28, 2015, by 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
Part-Time Community Center Attendant
The City of Nevada Parks & Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for a part-time attendant position at the Community Center. This position requires the ability to work a flex schedule, 7 days per week and will carry out customer/public service duties.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Overseeing the basic administration and maintenance of the community center
• Answering the telephone and handling normal office functions
• Assisting in the administration of recreational leagues and activities provided by the City
• Opening and closing the building
• Maintaining records of recreation center attendance, equipment, injuries, discipline, and activities
Eligible applicants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age.
The starting wage for this position is $8.03 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Eligible applicants must return applications by Tuesday, April 28, 2015, at 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
Youth Services Librarian/Associate
POSITION AVAILABLE: Youth Services Librarian / Associate
HOURS/DAYS: Permanent Part-time, Monday through Friday (9:30 am- 2:30 pm)
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until position is filled, but first consideration given to applications received by April 15.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Work involves the responsibility for coordinating with other library services and conducting children’s library programs such as Story Time & Outreach for children & their families, Summer Reading programs for children ages birth – Grade 5, and more. Responsibilities will also include collection development in specific areas and working as a liaison to local elementary schools and other community partners. Duties include monitoring behavior of children and library circulation duties as assigned.
Skills Required: This position requires a high-energy, kid-friendly Professional. Knowledge of child development, knowledge of children’s literature, and the ability to create fun and educational activities for children is required. Providing library service to the general public requires a pleasant demeanor and basic computer skills. Clerical work requires basic computer skills with the aptitude of learning additional skills with on the job training.
BENEFITS: Benefit package includes vacation and sick leave.
HOURLY SALARY: Based on experience/qualifications
APPLICATION: Please submit resume to : email@example.com or
Nevada Public Library
212 W. Walnut St
Nevada, MO 64772
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Jodi Polk, Director
The City of Nevada Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. The starting wage for this position is $31,030 per year. It is a full time position, and includes full benefits such as retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The Police Department also participates in a take-home vehicle program for its officers.
Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri driver’s license, should be at least 21 years of age, P.O.S.T certified by the State of Missouri, and successfully pass a background investigation.
This position requires residency within the boundaries of Vernon County, MO.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled. Applications may also be emailed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.