- The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Baseball / Softball Umpires
The City of Nevada is currently accepting applications for umpires for the 2014 summer baseball/softball season. Umpires will officiate youth baseball and softball games.
- Must have general knowledge of the game
- Previous officiating experience preferred but not required
- All games will be during week nights
- Applicants must be at least 15 years old
- Must have own transportation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Umpires will work with the following age divisions:
- Blast ball – Pre-kindergarten students
- T-ball – kindergarten students
- 1st/2nd grade boys and girls coach pitch
- 3rd/4th grade girls softball
- 5th/6th grade girls softball
- 7th-9th grade girls softball
Pay ranges from $10-$20 per game, depending on age groups.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, and through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Applications should be returned upon completion to City Hall by Friday, April 25, 2014, by 4:00 p.m. to be considered.