- The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
Current Employment Opportunities:
The City of Nevada Parks and Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Recreation Programmer. Requirements include: a High School diploma with college courses or experience in recreation desired. A valid driver’s license is required.
This position reports to the Parks and Recreation Director.
Some of the primary and essential functions of this job include but are not limited to:
- To assist the Parks and Recreation Director in planning and coordinating recreation programs, marketing and creating new programs at the Community Center, Municipal Aquatic Center and Twin Lakes Sports Complex
- Assists the Director in training of staff within the Parks and Recreation Department
- Oversees recreational leagues and activities sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Department
- Accepts registration forms and fees for recreational leagues and activities
- Maintains thorough and accurate records of daily attendance, equipment, injuries, discipline, etc
- Develops and presents monthly reports of activities to the Parks and Recreation Director
- Oversees evening and weekend activities as necessary
This job is a pay grade 14 and the starting annual wage for this position is $30,497. This position includes full benefits such as retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Eligible applicants must return applications by Friday, November 28, 2014, at 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
Group Exercise Instructor
The City of Nevada Parks and Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for a seasonal Group Exercise Instructor.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide a fun and safe workout through one or more specialty group exercise classes.
- Instruct patrons on proper techniques and alternative movements, demonstrate exercises, and teach appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Educate participants concerning safe exercise techniques and constantly monitor for safety.
- Deliver the class in a fun and interesting manner to motivate class participants.
- Promote classes and assist in special events.
- Assist to familiarize new participants with class procedures.
- Greet, introduce and welcome participants.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
This position will meet on weekday evenings. Eligible applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
The wage for this position is $8.00 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.