- The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Seasonal Parks Maintenance Laborers
The City of Nevada Parks & Recreation Department is currently accepting job applications for seasonal part-time positions of Parks Maintenance Laborer. Eligible applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants should be able to work a variable schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Mow and trim all city parks and recreational facilities, including Community Center and swimming pool
- Cleans grounds and keeps buildings and equipment located on public property in good and safe condition
- Makes minor repairs to equipment
- Performs minor construction and repair projects on park grounds
- Cultivates and maintains plants, flowers, bushes, and trees
- Uses equipment that requires higher skills as assigned
- Assists other departments in other activities as condition and needs apply
- Moves objects in excess of 100 pounds
The starting wage for this position is $7.65 hourly.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, and through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Applications should be returned upon completion to City Hall no later than Tuesday, March 31, 2015, by 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
The City of Nevada Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. The starting wage for this position is $31,030 per year. It is a full time position, and includes full benefits such as retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The Police Department also participates in a take-home vehicle program for its officers.
Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri driver’s license, should be at least 21 years of age, P.O.S.T certified by the State of Missouri, and successfully pass a background investigation.
This position requires residency within the boundaries of Vernon County, MO.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled. Applications may also be emailed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Office Clerk / Nevada Housing Authority
The Housing Authority of the City of Nevada, MO is accepting applications for an Office Clerk.
Full-time with benefits.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Basic Math
- Computer Skills
- Bookkeeping (Basic)
- Ability to compile reports
- Detail oriented
Starting salary dependent upon knowledge and experience.
Successful candidates must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid MO driver’s license and pass a drug test and background check.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Applications required and are available at the administrative office, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m., at 1117 N. West St., Nevada, MO 64772.
Contact Carol Branham, Executive Director EOE
Housing Authority of the City of Nevada, MO
1117 N. West St. Nevada, MO 64772
Group Exercise Instructor
The City of Nevada Parks and Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for a seasonal Group Exercise Instructor.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide a fun and safe workout through one or more specialty group exercise classes.
- Instruct patrons on proper techniques and alternative movements, demonstrate exercises, and teach appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Educate participants concerning safe exercise techniques and constantly monitor for safety.
- Deliver the class in a fun and interesting manner to motivate class participants.
- Promote classes and assist in special events.
- Assist to familiarize new participants with class procedures.
- Greet, introduce and welcome participants.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
This position will meet on weekday evenings. Eligible applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
The wage for this position is $8.00 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.